These little devils are just that, little devils. They are utterly delicious and thank goodness I usually only have them at Christmas time. Also, this Marshmallow Caramel Krispies recipe is one that my Husband’s family always makes for Christmas.
Well the other night a friend was over and we were talking about what our families always had to eat and holiday traditions. Somehow, we got to be looking at one of our family cookbooks and she came across this recipe. The conversation went like this:
Friend: What are these!?!
Husband: Those are so good, one of Jodi’s favorites. She can’t stop eating them!
Friend: What? You barely eat anything.
Me: Um, ya well I have a problem with certain things.
Husband: You don’t see her when she eats ……….and……….
Friend: You have to make these for me!
Me: But they are so delicious and I can’t stop eating them.
So just for her, I made them, and then promptly ate at least 10 of them before I took them over to her.
- 1 can Eagle Brand milk(sweetened condensed milk)
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 package of caramels
- 1-2 packages large marshmallows
- Rice Krispies Cereal
- Fill a large plate or pie pan with Rice Krispies and set aside.
- Next, Lay out a layer of waxed paper on your counter.
- Place a toothpick in each of your marshmallows and set aside.
- Place the first 3 ingredients in a double boiler. Allow the butter and caramel to melt, stirring often. Once everything is melted together and combined, you can remove it from heat.
- Dip your marshmallows into the caramel, let extra caramel drip off, and then roll your marshmallow in the Rice Krispies to coat. Set your caramel krispie marshmallow on wax paper to cool.
- Repeat until all of your caramel is gone. You may have to warm up your caramel about half way through, depending on how fast you work.
(Originally Published: February 24, 2014)