So last week was the start of March Madness, and my husband decided to take a well deserved day off. A couple of his friends were coming over to watch the games together, and I was supplying them with the food. This Spinach Artichoke Dip was the perfect dip for them to enjoy.
Spinach artichoke dip also has to be one of my favorite dips. It is quick and easy to put the mixture together and throw it in the oven. I remember trying it for the first time many years ago, and thinking it has to be so hard to make. Boy was I wrong!
There are so many different varieties of this dip, and each are slightly different. I still love to try different restaraunts’ versions when we go out, however, I haven’t found one that tops this one!
Even better for me is the fact that you can mix all the ingredients together and put it in the fridge until it’s ready to bake. This left me with a little extra time because I could make it the night before and prepare it quickly the next day.
- 1(8oz)pkg. light cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup fresh grated parmesan
- ½ cup fresh grated romano
- ½ cup mozzarella
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- ½ tsp dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1(10oz)jar marinated artichoke hearts, diced
- ½-1 cup frozen spinach, thawed or 3 large handfuls of fresh spinach
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix everything together except the artichokes and spinach. Make sure everything is mixed well
- Stir in artichokes and spinach. Pour into an 8x8 pan. Cover top with extra cheese if desired.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Serve hot with chips, crackers, or bread.
(Originally Posted: March 24, 2014)