Grandma’s Recipe Box
I haven’t had these things in years, I forgot how good they are! When I was going through the recipe box this week, I came across this recipe. I remember Grandma Arlene always making these for Christmas. I had completely forgotten all about these bars. As a young girl these always seemed like they would be very difficult to make. I always wondered how she got the marshmallows in these things! Of course that was long before I starting baking and, well, I was glad somebody else was making them for me! Brings back lots of memories of Christmas at Grandma’s house with all 50-some of us.
- 2 ½ Tablespoons butter
- 10 oz. bag of peanut butter chips
- 1 can Eagle brand milk (sweetened condensed milk)
- 10 oz. mini marshmallows
- 16 oz. dry roast peanuts
- Grease a 9x13 pan.
- Put half of the peanuts in the bottom of the pan.
- Add butter and peanut butter chips to a large microwave safe bowl, and heat in the microwave for 45 second. Stir until the mixture is smooth. If not all of the chips are melted after a good stir, place back in the microwave for 15 seconds and stir again.
- Stir in the sweetened condensed milk.
- Add marshmallows to the mixture and mix well.
- Carefully spread the mixture across the peanuts already in the pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining nuts over the top, and press in. You really need to press pretty good, to get all the peanuts to stick.
- Allow to cool before cutting.
(Originally Posted: 02-26-2014)