Swimsuit season is coming, and I can’t wait to be basking in the sun after this winter! I really shouldn’t complain, as many parts of the country have seen way worse than we have this winter. However, I absolutely can’t stand the cold! I love summer, the long warm days, being outside, and the smell of the grill. Oh I can’t wait to start grilling! I have all sorts of fun recipes to share with you then! [Read more…] about Chicken Lettuce Wraps
These little devils are just that, little devils. They are utterly delicious and thank goodness I usually only have them at Christmas time. Also, this Marshmallow Caramel Krispies recipe is one that my Husband’s family always makes for Christmas.
Well the other night a friend was over and we were talking about what our families always had to eat and holiday traditions. Somehow, we got to be looking at one of our family cookbooks and she came across this recipe. The conversation went like this:
Friend: What are these!?!
Husband: Those are so good, one of Jodi’s favorites. She can’t stop eating them!
Friend: What? You barely eat anything.
Me: Um, ya well I have a problem with certain things.
Husband: You don’t see her when she eats ……….and……….
Friend: You have to make these for me!
Me: But they are so delicious and I can’t stop eating them.
So just for her, I made them, and then promptly ate at least 10 of them before I took them over to her.
- 1 can Eagle Brand milk(sweetened condensed milk)
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 package of caramels
- 1-2 packages large marshmallows
- Rice Krispies Cereal
- Fill a large plate or pie pan with Rice Krispies and set aside.
- Next, Lay out a layer of waxed paper on your counter.
- Place a toothpick in each of your marshmallows and set aside.
- Place the first 3 ingredients in a double boiler. Allow the butter and caramel to melt, stirring often. Once everything is melted together and combined, you can remove it from heat.
- Dip your marshmallows into the caramel, let extra caramel drip off, and then roll your marshmallow in the Rice Krispies to coat. Set your caramel krispie marshmallow on wax paper to cool.
- Repeat until all of your caramel is gone. You may have to warm up your caramel about half way through, depending on how fast you work.
(Originally Published: February 24, 2014)
I absolutely love peanut butter. I have always ‘liked’ the flavor of peanuts, but I wouldn’t say my ‘love’ for them came around until I discovered all natural peanut butter. [Read more…] about Homemade Peanut Butter
Happy Pi Day!
My loving husband gave me a gentle reminder that it was pie day today. I really don’t think it was because he really cared that it was National Pi Day, but more because he loves pie and wanted me to make him one. So I decided that I would look through my Grandma’s recipe box and find a pie from there.
My husband has been begging me to make him a pecan pie for some time now. It seemed very intimidating to me, but when I found this recipe titled, Never Fail Pecan Pie, I thought I would give it a try. It was very quick and easy to make, and it tastes wonderful. [Read more…] about Never Fail Pecan Pie
So let me just get this out there, I love me some pancakes! Also my husband, who puts all my posts together, will absolutely hate the fact that I just used incorrect grammar. Anyway, so who doesn’t love brownies?!? Well this gal does! So why not combine the two and make a delicious breakfast treat in the form of Healthy Brownie Pancakes. [Read more…] about Healthy Brownie Pancakes