Happy Pi Day!
My loving husband gave me a gentle reminder that it was pie day today. I really don’t think it was because he really cared that it was National Pi Day, but more because he loves pie and wanted me to make him one. So I decided that I would look through my Grandma’s recipe box and find a pie from there.
My husband has been begging me to make him a pecan pie for some time now. It seemed very intimidating to me, but when I found this recipe titled, Never Fail Pecan Pie, I thought I would give it a try. It was very quick and easy to make, and it tastes wonderful.
So I do have to say not only did I find one recipe for pecan pie in the recipe box, I found three. Each of them are slightly different, so I will have to try them in the future and see which one is best.
Recommend using ½ recipe of Grandma’s Pie Crust
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine eggs, sugar, corn syrup, flour, salt, and vanilla.
- Stir in pecans. Pour into pie shell.
- Cover pastry edges with foil to prevent excess browning.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes or until golden brown.
(Originally Posted: March 14, 2014)