You can find lemongrass in most supermarkets in the herbs section. It is already trimmed and ready for you to chop. You can also find it in Asian markets and it looks like this.
I would recommend getting Two Crabs or Three Crabs brand of fish sauce. I have tried a couple different brands and these two outweigh them all. Fish sauce will be in your grocers Asian food isle or at your local Asian market.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped lemongrass
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed or minced
- ½-1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- juice from one lime
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 cucumber, peeled and finely sliced
- fresh basil, chopped
- fresh cilantro chopped
- fresh mint, chopped
- Clean and roughly chop your cauliflower, try to get the cauliflower pretty dry after washing it. Add cauliflower pieces to a food processor and pulse until cauliflower is broken into rice like pieces. If you do not have a food processor, your can use a grater to get the same effect.
- Add coconut oil to a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Once the pan and oil is heated, add the cauliflower rice. Give everything a good stir.
- Add garlic powder, salt and pepper to cauliflower. Allow to cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring every couple minutes. Rice is done when it has softened and is beginning to turn golden brown.
- In a large skillet add olive oil and allow to heat over medium heat.
- Add your lemongrass, garlic and ginger to the pan. Cook for 3-5 minutes, continually stirring, until mixture is fragrant.
- Turn temperature up to medium-high and add ground chicken. Stir everything into the chicken. Then add in sriracha and fish sauce. Cook chicken until it is no longer pink.
- Turn off heat and stir in lime juice.
- Divide cauliflower and chicken between four plates. Top with carrots, cucumbers and fresh herbs.
(Originally Posted: March 16, 2014)