Grandma’s Recipe Box
This week when I was trying to decide what to make out of my Grandma’s recipe box, I wanted something quick and easy. Well when I came across the cinnamon-swirl quick bread, I knew this is what I had to make. This takes less then ten minutes to get everything mixed up and into the oven.
This bread is nice and sweet and goes perfectly with a glass of coffee or espresso!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine buttermilk, egg and oil. Stir wet mixture into dry mixture, just until moistened.
- In a small small bowl. Combine ½ cup sugar and cinnamon
- Grease a loaf pan. Pour half of the batter into the pan. Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Carefully spread the remaining batter and sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Using a butter knife, cut through the batter and carefully make a swirl pattern from one end of the loaf pan to the other.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted neat the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing the bread from the pan, then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice into ½ inch slices and serve.
(Originally Posted: March 19, 2014)