So last week was the start of March Madness, and my husband decided to take a well deserved day off. A couple of his friends were coming over to watch the games together, and I was supplying them with the food. This Spinach Artichoke Dip was the perfect dip for them to enjoy. [Read more…] about Spinach Artichoke Dip
Who doesn’t love a soft baked pretzel? Soft pretzels have been one of my favorite things to eat since I was a young girl! I didn’t get to eat them very often, as they were only an occasional treat when we would go shopping. [Read more…] about Rosemary Sea Salt Pretzels
If you read my last post you will know that I had a girl’s night a little while back and served up some tasty Taco Burgers. If you haven’t tried them yet you really should!
So what else do you need for a girls night? Or should I say what goes with a taco burger? I’ll give you a little guess, “you put the lime in the coconut and mix it all around.”
You got it–margaritas! Can anybody tell me in which movie they play that song in reference to midnight margaritas? It’s a great one! [Read more…] about Grandpa’s Margaritas
These little devils are just that, little devils. They are utterly delicious and thank goodness I usually only have them at Christmas time. Also, this Marshmallow Caramel Krispies recipe is one that my Husband’s family always makes for Christmas.
Well the other night a friend was over and we were talking about what our families always had to eat and holiday traditions. Somehow, we got to be looking at one of our family cookbooks and she came across this recipe. The conversation went like this:
Friend: What are these!?!
Husband: Those are so good, one of Jodi’s favorites. She can’t stop eating them!
Friend: What? You barely eat anything.
Me: Um, ya well I have a problem with certain things.
Husband: You don’t see her when she eats ……….and……….
Friend: You have to make these for me!
Me: But they are so delicious and I can’t stop eating them.
So just for her, I made them, and then promptly ate at least 10 of them before I took them over to her.
- 1 can Eagle Brand milk(sweetened condensed milk)
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 package of caramels
- 1-2 packages large marshmallows
- Rice Krispies Cereal
- Fill a large plate or pie pan with Rice Krispies and set aside.
- Next, Lay out a layer of waxed paper on your counter.
- Place a toothpick in each of your marshmallows and set aside.
- Place the first 3 ingredients in a double boiler. Allow the butter and caramel to melt, stirring often. Once everything is melted together and combined, you can remove it from heat.
- Dip your marshmallows into the caramel, let extra caramel drip off, and then roll your marshmallow in the Rice Krispies to coat. Set your caramel krispie marshmallow on wax paper to cool.
- Repeat until all of your caramel is gone. You may have to warm up your caramel about half way through, depending on how fast you work.
(Originally Published: February 24, 2014)
I absolutely love peanut butter. I have always ‘liked’ the flavor of peanuts, but I wouldn’t say my ‘love’ for them came around until I discovered all natural peanut butter. [Read more…] about Homemade Peanut Butter