- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1-2 cups Andes mint chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars on medium speed, until fluffy.
- Turn mixer to low speed and add eggs, one at a time. Then add vanilla, and allow everything to mix for a minute longer. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda.
- With the mixer still on low, slowly add the dry ingredients, scraping down sides of bowl when needed.
- Stir in your mint chips by hand.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Drop dough by the tablespoonful onto the sheet, leaving about 2 inches between each ball.
- Bake cookies in the oven for 8 minutes, remove cookie sheet from oven, and allow cookies to sit on the sheet for another 2-3 minutes. Then move them to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
(Originally Posted: March 13, 2014)